Things to Do While Social Distancing
So you are stuck at home and limiting your time out of the house, you may be looking for things to do. If you want to buy a house in the near future, here is a list of things you can do to make your time useful.
1) Talk to a lender to understand your credit score and buying power. They can guide you on if you are ready to buy or not and how much you can afford. If you need the name of a lender, just let us know. We work with a couple of them that are fantastic!
2) Do the homework your lender gives you! If you have things on your credit that need to be cleared up, closed, disputed, take advantage of the time you have now to get it resolved. You are inside anyway, so you can stay on the phone and get these things resolved.
3) Look at houses online to understand what you do and don't like in a home. I can send you a list of new homes as they come on the market. Reach out to me with the details of what you want and I will send them to you.
4) DO NOT rack up credit card debt! Don't use this as an opportunity to spend more money online because you are bored. Keep purchases to just things you need and have in your budget. Growing credit card debt will hurt your credit score and ultimately your buying power.
5) If you have a house to sell, start to prep it for selling. You can use our previous blog about how we sold our own house in a day before we were realtors as a guide.
6) Just like #5 if you have another house to sell, reach out to us for determine the current market rate of your house.
If you already own a home and don't have plans of moving, now would be the time to see if it is time to refinance. Interest rates have been bouncing around but overall have been lower than in the past. Again, if you need the name of a good lender, let us know. We have a couple that are excellent.
As of writing this, we are still able to show houses. They can be in person or even by video. If you are ready to buy a house, let us know and we will help you find your next home.